Visitor Information & Covid-19
*Please read below for more information on our re-opening including health and safety measures that will be put in place before attending the park. Pre-booking via our website is no longer essential as we are a small attraction with ample space. We will continue to review this decision to ensure our visitors can social distance and feel safe around the park.
Our Wildlife Park terms and conditions can be found at the bottom of this page.
During the Coronavirus pandemic the health and wellbeing of our staff, students, visitors and contractors is our number one priority. We can all help control the virus if we all stay alert and follow government guidance.
What we are doing to keep you safe?
· We are asking visitor to follow the directions as given to you by signs and staff, always taking the government guidelines into account - these guidelines will help maintain a suitable social distance and be safe
· We are encouraging visitors to maintain a social distance from others at all times (and ensure your children or dependents do) – using the recommended 2 metres (or 1 metres with risk mitigation where 2 metres is not viable) – please note a number of our animals are susceptible to COVID-19 and these will have a barrier around their enclosure in order to maintain the 2 metre distance.
· We are asking visitors to wash their hands/use hand sanitiser upon entering the building, before and after using the playground or the Hive café, when using the toilets or other shared facilities, and when requested
· Masks must be worn in the Hive cafe and we welcome visitors to wear masks in the indoor part of our one-way system. You are free to but not required to wear masks outside.
· We are asking visitors to not attend the wildlife park if you, or anyone in your household are showing COVID-19 symptoms.
· We are asking visitors to not attend the wildlife park if you have tested positive for COVID-19 and or been advised to self-isolate by the NHS or your doctor.
How do I book tickets?
· Pre-booking via our website is no longer essential as we are a small attraction with ample space. We will continue to review this decision to ensure our visitors can social distance and feel safe around the park. Our Track & Trace QR code will be positioned at the entrance of the park.
What do I do when I arrive at the Wildlife Park?
· When you arrive please come forward to the entry. Please sign in using the Track & Trace QR code provided.
· On entry, sanitise your hands. Hand sanitiser will be available in the entrance of the Park and at the Playground gate.
· Do not touch any of the glass or other enclosure surrounds.
· Wash hands before leaving the Wildlife Park – a hand washing station is available near the exit.
What will be open / different in the Wildlife Park, how else are we keeping you safe?
· The main exhibit corridor and all of the outdoor exhibits will be available to view including our new Otter enclosure (some animals may be able to catch COVID-19, therefore some exhibits may have a new barrier to maintain this distance).
· There will be a screen at the entrance desk, hand sanitiser and hand washing points as well as a one-way system and new signs and roping to direct people.
· Due to social distancing and government guidelines there will not be any indoor animal-keeper talks or craft activities.
· The playground area will be open and there will be a hand sanitiser station at the entrance gate. It is recommended that users of the equipment in the playground area wash or sanitise their hands after each use.
· Once you have passed through the main exhibition corridor there will be limited shelter from the elements - do bring a brolly if the weather looks uncertain.
What about the Hive?
· Great news! The Hive will be open from 10.00AM until 3.00PM when the park is.
· We may need to at times limit how many people can come into the Hive – please observe entry and exit signs.
· Payment will be contactless only – sorry, no cash will be possible.
· Masks must be worn when within the Hive building.
What about the Encounters / Birthday parties and other bookable activities?
· Unfortunately birthday parties will not be availbale for booking for the time being.
· Encounters etc. given as a gift will have their 12 month expiry date- these can be booked after May 17th but there are still some restrictions, details of these are on the online store.
Other FAQ / guidance:
· There are First Aid staff on hand who will put on additional PPE before administering First Aid – note if the need is not critical then materials such as plasters may be given for self-administration as appropriate.
· The smoking area can accommodate 2 persons maximum. People should remain a minimum of 2 metres apart at all times.
· Avoid touching your face. Sneeze or cough hygienically. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow when coughing or sneezing. Bin the tissue and then sanitise your hands (Catch it, bin it, kill it).
· Follow social distancing rules in toilets and whilst washing hands. There may be a need to leave and re-enter a toilet area if busy.
· Any visitor who spits or coughs on someone to make them fear infection from COVID-19 e.g. those who deliberately threaten or pretend to infect others will be immediately excluded from the Wildlife Park. Any incidents of this nature will be reported to the police as this is classed as a crime.
· In the event of a fire alarm, evacuate as normal being mindful of social distancing. You may be asked to disperse or move to another assembly point by a fire warden.
· See local posters and signage across the Wildlife Park for further information.
· Anyone not complying with guidelines will be asked to adhere to them, further incidents will result in being asked to leave.