Covid-19 Visitor Information
Now that term has restarted we are open weekends only - look out for October half term opening dates
Tickets are available online here.
*Please read below for more information on the re-opening including health and safety measures that will be put in place before attending the park. Tickets must be bought in advance (Season Ticket Holders will also need to book a slot prior to arrival)
During the Coronavirus pandemic the health and wellbeing of our staff, students, visitors and contractors is our number one priority.
We can all help control the virus if we all stay alert and follow government guidance.
What we are doing to keep you safe - How you can help keep everyone safe:
· We have altered the layout and flow of the Wildlife Park, we have added screens at reception as well as additional sanitising and washing facilities. We have removed activities that would increase risk of contact between visitors and staff.
· You must book tickets online - we are restricting numbers and flow of visitors to keep you safe
· Follow the directions as given to you by signs and staff, always taking the government guidelines into account - these guidelines will help maintain a suitable social distance and be safe
· Limit contact with other people - we are booking tickets in 'bubbles' to minimise opportunities to spread infection and providing washing stations and sanitiser
· Maintain a social distance from others at all times (and ensure your children or dependents do) – using the recommended 2 metres (or 1m with risk mitigation where 2m is not viable) – please note a number of our animals are susceptible to Covid-19 and these will have a barrier around their enclosure in order to maintain the 2m distance
· Wash your hands / use hand sanitiser upon entering the building, before and after using the playground or the Hive café, when using the toilets or other shared facilities, and when requested
· Current guidance is that face masks are to be worn in inside spaces - this includes our Cafe and the initial part of our one-way system. You are free to but not required to wear them outside.
· Not attend the Wildlife Park if you, or anyone in your household are showing Covid-19 symptoms
· Not attend the Wildlife Park if you have tested positive for Covid-19 and or been advised to self-isolate by the NHS or your doctor
How do I book tickets?
· All tickets must be booked online – this includes season ticket holders. Tickets are available here
· If you have not pre-booked your ticket then we will not be able to allow you access
· If you would like to book a season pass you can do so here
· Our booking system works on 'bubbles' and so can get confused if you try and book more than one bundle type within an order. If you are booking any paid tickets you don't need to also include season tickets. If you need to book more than one type of paid ticket then please book the main type including your chosen day and time slot then go back and book your additinoal ticket but don't select a slot. This will flag on our system and we will put any bookings in the same name together our side. You do not need to book tickets for children aged 2 and under or carers assisting a disabled visitor.
What do I do when I arrive at the Wildlife Park?
· Everybody must arrive within their pre-booked slot, if you are late we may not be able to allow you access
· When you arrive come forward to the entry, please note the distancing stickers and have the name your booking is under / your booking reference ready. We have now removed the need to text upon arrival.
· On entry, sanitise your hands. Hand sanitiser will be available in the entrance of the Park and at the Playground gate
· In order to facilitate social distancing there is a 1 way system in place. Follow the signs and directions and do not cross any roped off areas.
· Do not touch any of the glass or other enclosure surrounds
· Wash hands before leaving the Wildlife Park – a hand washing station is available near the exit
What will be open / different in the Wildlife Park, how else are we keeping you safe?
· The main exhibit corridor and all of the outdoor exhibits will be available to view including our new Otter enclosure (some animals may be able to catch Covid-19, therefore some exhibits may have a new barrier to maintain this distance
· There will be a screen at the entrance desk, hand sanitiser and hand washing points as well as a 1 way system and new signs and roping to direct people
· Due to social distancing and government guidelines there will not be any keeper talks or craft activity area
· The Playground area will be open and there will be a hand sanitiser station at the entrance gate. It is recommended that users of the equipment in the Playground area wash or sanitise their hands after each use
· The shop will initially be closed – however gifts can be pre-booked when you book your tickets and these will then be ready for you upon arrival
· As we are only able to allow so many people into the Wildlife park at a time we will be streamlining the tickets we have on offer so as not to disappoint people
· Once you have passed through the main exhibition corridor there will be limited shelter from the elements - do bring a brolly if the weather looks uncertain
Why do Season Ticket holders have to book?
· In order to control numbers in the Wildlife park and to comply with Government track and trace requirements we need everyone who is in the park to have registered - if you are accompanying another person with a paid ticket then you do not need to book as well (we will initially contact them if needed)
· We ask that Season ticket holders only book the tickets they will actually use to allow everyone to have a chance at enjoying the Wildlife park
· You will need to enter the surname and postcode as we have registered for you in order to be able to use the ticket
· You will need to bring your season ticket with you otherwise you may be refused entry (we will sign in on your behalf once verified)
· We have automatically added 3 months to your season pass, but if it has expired a new one can be purchased via: https://store.askham-bryan.ac.uk/product-catalogue/wildlife-park/season-tickets
What about the Hive?
· Great news the Hive will be open from 10.30 to 2.30
· All food will be takeaway
· We may need to at times limit how many people can come into the Hive – please observe entry and exit signs
· Payment will be contactless only – sorry no cash will be possible
· Masks must be worn when within the Hive building as per Government guidelines
What about the Encounters / Birthday parties and other bookable activities?
· Unfortunately upon initial reopening we will not be able to offer any of the additional activities – we will continue to review this as the government guidance changes
· Encounters etc. given as a gift will have their 12 month expiry date extended whilst we are not able to offer them – so if you already have a voucher / want to give a voucher as a gift, don’t worry you will be able to book
Other FAQ / guidance:
· There are First Aid staff on hand who will put on additional PPE before administering First Aid – note if the need is not critical then materials such as plasters may be given for self-administration as appropriate
· The smoking area will accommodate 2 persons maximum. People should remain a minimum of 2 metres apart at all times.
· Avoid touching your face. Sneeze or cough hygienically. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow when coughing or sneezing. Bin the tissue and then sanitise your hands (Catch it, bin it, kill it).
· Follow social distancing rules in toilets and whilst washing hands. There may be a need to leave and re-enter a toilet area if busy
· Any visitor who spits or coughs on someone to make them fear infection from COVID-19 e.g. those who deliberately threaten or pretend to infect others will be immediately excluded from the Wildlife Park. Any incidents of this nature will be reported to the police as this is classed as a crime.
· In the event of a fire alarm, evacuate as normal being mindful of social distancing. You may be asked to disperse or move to another assembly point by a fire warden
· See local posters and signage across the Wildlife Park for further information.
· Anyone not complying with guidelines will be asked to adhere to them, further incidents will result in being asked to leave.
What if I can't make my booked slot / Refund policy?
· If you notify us more than 24 hours in advance of your booked slot then you may move your tickets to another slot or ask for a refund
· If you notify us less than 24 hours but more than an hour before your slot then you may move your tickets to another available slot within a week of your original booking
· No refund is available on missed slots after this time